Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP)
A qualifying investment under the Citizenship by Investment Program shall satisfy at least a minimum investment in one of the four approved areas:
Saint Lucia Citizenship | National Economic Fund
Saint Lucia National Economic Fund is a special fund established under Section 33 of the Citizenship by Investment Act for the sole purpose of receiving qualifying investments of cash for funding government sponsored projects.
The following minimum investment is required:
- 1 Applicant: $100,000
- Applicant with spouse: $165,000
- Applicant with spouse and up to two (2) other dependents: $190,000
- Each additional dependent, of any age: $25,000
Saint Lucia Citizenship | Real Estate Projects
On the approved list for the Citizenship by Investment Program, approved real estate projects fall into two broad categories:
- High-end branded hotels and resorts
- High-end boutique properties
Once approved, the real estate project becomes available for qualifying investments from applicants for citizenship by investment.
The applicant is required to execute a binding purchase and sales agreement for an investment in an approved real estate project. Investments, equalling the agreed purchase price, are deposited in an approved irrevocable escrow account managed jointly by the developer and the Citizenship by Investment Unit in Saint Lucia.
Minimum Investment | Main Applicant: $300,000
Saint Lucia Citizenship | Enterprise Projects
Approved enterprise projects fall into seven (7) broad categories:
- Specialty restaurants
- Cruise ports and marinas
- Agro-processing plants
- Pharmaceutical products
- Ports, bridges, roads and highways
- Research institutions and facilities
- Offshore universities
Once approved the enterprise project becomes available for qualifying investments for citizenship by investment.
Minimum investment required:
Option 1 – A sole applicant.
- A minimum investment of $3,500,000
Option 2 – More than one applicant (joint venture).
- A minimum investment of $6,000,000 with each applicant contributing no less than $1,000,000
Saint Lucia Citizenship | Government Bonds
Citizenship by investment bonds must be registered and remain in the name of the applicant for a five (5) year holding period from the date of first issue and not attract a rate of interest (non interest bearing).
Once approved, the following minimum investment required:
- Applicant applying alone: $500,000
- Applicant applying with spouse: $535,000
- Applicant applying with spouse; up to two (2) other dependents: $550,000
- Each additional qualifying dependent: $25,000
Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment | Application Fees
Following fees prescribed under the Citizenship by Investment Regulations of 2015:
1) Due diligence fees(applicable to all 4 investment types):
$7,500 main applicant; $5,000 each dependent age 16+
2) Government processing fee (applicable to all 4 investment types):
$2,000 main applicant; $1,000 each qualifying dependent
3) Administration fees(applicable to bonds, real estate, and enterprise investors):
Per bond application: $50,000
Real estate and enterprise project: $50,000 main applicant
$35,000 each dependent age 18+
$25,000 each dependent under 18
To compare other alternative citizenship / 2nd passport options available worldwide, please see the full list here.